This month's employee spotlight features our Plainville, MA office administrator and customer service rep, Samantha Powers. Samantha is the voice you hear answering the phone when you call for help with all your disaster restoration problems. She has worked at ServiceMaster Dynamic Cleaning for almost two years after taking a hiatus to raise her family. In total Samantha has been a part of the ServiceMaster family for 6 years. On a typical day, she coordinates all of the jobs and makes sure that the customers are comfortable with the mitigation process from start to finish. Her coworkers love working with Samantha because she is always smiling and full of energy.
Massachusetts Water Works Association Summer Expo 2021
ServiceMaster Dynamic Cleaning is a proud sponsor of the MA Water Works Association. We are pleased to have participated in their recent Summer 2021 Expo at Wachusett Mountain in Princeton, MA. Over 1300 members attended this one-day event. All attendees enjoyed a clam boil lunch, lawn games, sky rides, and educational seminars in addition to the trade show. Despite the 90 degree heat that day, our team was glad the sun was out and they were able to chat with all the participants. ServiceMaster Dynamic Cleaning's sales representatives, David and Leslie, provided information on our many emergency disaster restoration services, giveaways, and raffle items in support of the event. The expo hosts 50+ vendors featuring the latest products and services in the waterworks industry. ServiceMaster Dynamic Cleaning often works closely with the waterworks professionals out in the field when we respond to calls for water damage restoration services.
Thank you to everyone who stopped by our booth! We can't wait to see everyone again next year.
We are happy to introduce you to another ServiceMaster Dynamic Cleaning team member. This month we put the spotlight on Derek Degrazia, our fleet and warehouse manager in the Plainville, MA location. His role includes checking the inventory of supplies and materials, coordinating and repairing vehicles and equipment, and managing contents pack out storage. Derek is amazingly helpful, hardworking, and easy to get along with. He has been with the ServiceMaster Dynamic Cleaning team for 5 years.
Employee Spotlight- Our Worcester Office Project Manager
Corey MacDonald started as a disaster restoration technician in our Worcester office in 2015. With his hard work and dedication, he moved up the ranks to his current role as Project Manager. Corey is responsible for managing the operations, training, and staffing of restoration projects in Worcester County, MA & Providence County, RI areas. Coworkers describe Corey as compassionate, helpful, and motivated.
If your football party has left your carpet and wood floors a mess, you may need to call for help. But you may just be dealing with a small stain, such as soda that was spilled in the midst of all the excitement. In that case, follow this technique to remove the spot from your carpets.
- Blot as much of the spot as possible.
- Prepare either a detergent cleaning solution of 1/4 teaspoon liquid dish soap with 1 cup warm water or a vinegar cleaning solution of 2 tablespoons white vinegar with 4 cups of warm water.
- Pretest the solution on a spot of the carpet.
- Apply the cleaning solution to the affected area by putting it on a cloth and using the cloth to apply to the carpet. Work from the outside of the spot toward the center.
- Let the solution soak into the carpet for at least five minutes.
- Blot the spot with a clean white cloth until no more soda transfers to the cloth. Do not rub the spot or you might ruin the carpet fibers.
- Rinse with cold water. Be sure all cleaning solution is removed from the carpet.
- If you can still see the stain, repeat the process until the soda is removed or it no longer transfers to the cloth.